These terms of service (“TOS”) apply to you and Aztec Game Studio, address Av Euripides 1686, Queretaro, México, regarding your use of Aztec Game Studio´s games, websites, discussion forums and related services (“Services“). Use of the Services is also governed by Aztec Game Studio´s Privacy Notice.
As a precondition for using the Services, you must agree to these TOS. If you accept these TOS, you represent that you are age 13 or older. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 or otherwise do not have the authority to enter into agreements such as these TOS, you represent that your legal guardian, or a holder of parental responsibility, has reviewed and agreed to these TOS.
By using or otherwise accessing the Services, you agree to these TOS. If you do not agree to these TOS, you may not use or otherwise access the Services.
As specified by a component of an applicable Service, the Services either require payment for download or ar free to use or download but may contain features that may allow you to make purchases within the Services.
Rovio may issue additional policies related to specific components of the Services (including, but not limited to, forums, contests, sweepstakes or loyalty programs). Your right to use the Services is subject to such relevant policies and these TOS.
1. Right to Use the Services
Subject to these TOS, Rovio hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right and license to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use. The rights granted to you are subject to your compliance with these TOS.
Except as previously set forth, you do not receive any other license. Aztec Game Studio retains all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, computer codes, audiovisual effects, themes, characters, character names, stories, dialog, settings, artwork, sound effects, musical works, gameplay recordings made using the Services, moral rights, whether registered or not and all applications thereof. Unless expressly authorized by law, the Services may not be copied, reproduced or distributed in any manner or medium, in whole or in part, without Aztec Game Studio's prior written consent. Aztec Game Studio reserves all rights not expressly granted to you herein.
The Services and its contents are licensed, not sold. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including, but not limited to, the Virtual Items or currency appearing in or originating from the Services, whether earned in the Services or purchased from Aztec Game Studio or third parties.
2. Purchases in the Services
Aztec Game Studio may license to you certain virtual goods to be used within the Service and which you may purchase with “real world” money or which you may earn or redeem via gameplay (“Virtual Items“). Virtual Items are licensed to you on a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable basis and are intended solely for non-commercial use.
Aztec Game Studio may manage, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items at any time, with or without notice.
The transfer of Virtual Items is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Services, as applicable.
Virtual Items do not have an equivalent value in real world money and are not a substitute for real world money. Neither Aztec Game Studio nor any other person or entity has any obligation to exchange Virtual Items for anything of value. Aztec Game Studio is not liable for hacking or loss of your Virtual Items.
Price and availability of Virtual Items are subject to change without notice.
By law, all purchases and redemptions of Virtual Items made through the Services are final and non-refundable. You acknowledge and consent that the provision of Virtual Items for use in the Services is a process that commences immediately upon purchase and that you forfeit your right of cancelation once the process has commenced.
Accordingly, you agree that Aztec Game Studio is not required to provide a refund for Virtual Items for any reason. You will not receive money or other compensation for unused Virtual Items, regardless of whether your loss of license under these TOS was voluntary or involuntary.
If you ask for your personal data to be deleted as described in Aztec Game Studio’s Privacy Notice, you will permanently forfeit all of your Virtual Items without the right to refund, as Aztec Game Studio will no longer be able associate such Virtual Items with you.
3. Code of Conduct
You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- Use, either directly or indirectly, any cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Services.
- Use the Services in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Use the Services for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, to advertising, or solicitation, or transmission of any commercial advertisements such as spam emails, chain letters, pyramid or other get-rich-quick schemes.
- Use the Services for fraudulent or abusive purposes including, but not limited to, using the Services to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, entity or the Services;
- Disrupt, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the normal flow of the Services or otherwise act in a manner that may negatively affect other users’ experience when using the Services.
- Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or servers used to offer or support the Services.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, to accounts registered to others or to the computers, servers, or networks connected to the Services by any means other than the user interface provided by Aztec Game Studio, including, but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, encryption, or software that is part of the Services.
- Post any information, content or other material (or post links to any information or content) that contains nudity, excessive violence or is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable.
- Engage in ongoing toxic behavior, such as repeatedly posting information on an unsolicited basis.
- Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Aztec Game Studio employees, directors, officers, and customer service representatives.
- Make available through the Services any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity, or which impersonates any other person, including, but not limited to, a Aztec Game Studio employee, director or officer.
- Unless specifically authorized by law, attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack any of the Services, or to defeat or overcome any of the encryption technologies or security measures or data transmitted, processed or stored by Aztec Game Studio, or to obtain any information from the Services using any method not expressly permitted by Aztec Game Studio.
- Solicit or attempt to solicit login information or any other login credentials or personal information from other users of the Services.
- Harvest, scrape or collect any information about or regarding other people that use the Services, including, but not limited to, through use of pixel tags, cookies, GIFs or similar items that are sometimes also referred to as spyware.
- Post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information/personal data (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Services.
- Engage in any act that Aztec Game Studio deems to conflict with the spirit or intent of the Services or make improper use of Aztec Game Studio´s support services.
4. Third-Party Services
Services may include links to third-party services (including, but not limited to, advertisements displayed by third parties) and/or the third-party services may be made available to you via Services.These services are subject to respective third party terms and conditions, which constitute an agreement between you and the relevant third-party service provider to which Aztec Game Studio is not a party.
5. Accounts and Login Information
Certain elements of the Services may enable you to create an account or otherwise register with the Services (“Account”). You may be required to select a password for your Account or you may also use other credentials to access the Account (“Login Information“). You agree that you will not give your Login Information to anyone else or allow anyone else to use your Login Information or Account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you are responsible for all uses thereof, including purchases. Aztec Game Studio may assume that anyone logging into your Account using your Login Information is either you or someone logging in with your permission.
Aztec Game Studio reserves the right to delete your Account if Aztec Game Studio observes no activity by you in relation to the Account for 180 days or more.
6. Unsolicited content
Aztec Game Studio, its directors, officers and employees do not accept or consider unsolicited idea or product submissions of any kind (e.g. game or other product ideas, stories, screenplays, artwork, musical or audiovisual works, concepts or any other creative materials) in any format, by means of any transmission (“Unsolicited Content”). Please do not submit any Unsolicited Content to Aztec Game Studio or its directors, officers or employees. However, if you submit Unsolicited Content to us, you agree that such Unsolicited Content will not be treated as confidential, regardless of what you otherwise state in your accompanying message. You further agree that such Unsolicited Content may be used and exploited by Aztec Game Studio without compensation to you or any third party and you grant Aztec Game Studio a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or in part) worldwide license to use, exploit, reproduce, transmit, amend, display and exhibit Unsolicited Content in all current or future media for any purpose and to create derivative works based upon the Unsolicited Content.
7. Communications between Users of the Services
Aztec Game Studio assumes no responsibility for the conduct of other users of the Services and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate content or conduct. Aztec Game Studio does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all content or conduct of users. Your use of the Services is at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may be exposed to content or conduct that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your values. Aztec Game Studio may utilize technology to monitor and/or record your interactions with the Services or communications (including, but not limited to, chat text) when you are using the Services. You irrevocably consent to such monitoring and recording. Accordingly, you agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any content within the Services, including, but not limited to, chat text or voice communications.
Aztec Game Studio reserves the right at its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any content made available by users of the Service without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time. If at any time Aztec Game Studio chooses, at its sole discretion, to monitor the Services, Aztec Game Studio nonetheless assumes no responsibility for content made available by users of the Services, and Aztec Game Studio assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content.
8. Suspension and Termination for your Breach
Without limiting any other remedies available to Aztec Game Studio, if Aztec Game Studio believes that you are in breach of these TOS, Aztec Game Studio reserves the right to take any of the following actions, whether individually or in combination, and either with or without notice to you: (i) delete, suspend and/or modify your Account or parts of your Account; (ii) limit, suspend and/or terminate your access to the Services; (iii) modify and/or remove any of your Virtual Items; (iv) reset and/or modify any game progression or benefits and privileges associated with you, such as any level or score you have reached in the Services.
9. Availability of the Services
Aztec Game Studio may limit, suspend or terminate the Services, or portions thereof, and take technical and legal steps to prevent users from accessing the Services if Aztec Game Studio believes they are creating risk or possible legal liabilities, infringing intellectual property rights of third parties, or not acting in accordance with the letter or spirit of these TOS.
Aztec Game Studio reserves the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Services or a part thereof (e.g. a game or a feature of a game) at any time, at which point your license to use the Services or a part thereof will be terminated automatically.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, the Services are provided to you “AS IS,” without warranty, assurances or guarantees of any kind. It may have defects, and your use is solely at your risk. Aztec Game Studio does not make, and hereby disclaims any and all express, implied or statutory warranties, including implied warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, accuracy of data (including, but not limited to, location data), merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third-party rights, and warranties (if any) arising in the course of dealing, usage, or trade practices.
Aztec Game Studio does not warrant against interference with your enjoyment of the Services; that the Services will meet your requirements; that operation of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free; that the Services will interoperate or be compatible with any other services; or, that any errors in the Services will be corrected. No oral or written advice provided by Aztec Game Studio, its employees or other representatives constitute a warranty.
Some jurisdictions do not allow disclaimers such as those set forth above; thus, the above terms may not apply to you. Instead, in such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers shall only apply to the extent permitted by the laws of such jurisdictions. Moreover, you may have additional legal rights in your jurisdiction, and nothing in these TOS shall infringe upon the statutory rights that you may have as a consumer of the Services.
11. Limitations of Liability
In no way will Aztec Game Studio be liable for special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from access, use or malfunction of the Services, including but not limited to, damages to property, loss of goodwill, device failure or malfunction and, to the extent permitted by law, damages for personal injuries, property damage, lost profits or punitive damages from any causes of action arising out of or related to these TOS or the Services, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract, strict liability or otherwise and whether or not Aztec Game Studio has been advised of the possibility of such damages. For purposes of Article 12 “Limitations of Liability,” Aztec Game Studio’s licensors and other partners are third-party beneficiaries to the limitations of liability specified herein and may enforce these TOS against you.
In no way will Aztec Game Studio´s total aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these TOS, the Privacy Notice or the Services exceed the higher of: (i) the actual price (if any) you paid for the license to use Virtual Items; or (ii) fifty american dollars ($50). The exclusions and limitations of damages are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between Aztec Game Studio and you.
Some jurisdictions do not allow certain limitations of liability such as these stated above; thus, the above terms may not apply to you. Instead, in such jurisdictions, the foregoing limitations of liability shall apply only to the extent permitted by the laws of such jurisdictions. Moreover, you may have additional legal rights in your jurisdiction, and nothing in these TOS will infringe upon any statutory rights you may have as a consumer of the Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Aztec Game Studio (and Aztec Game Studio´s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim, demand, damages or other losses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third-party resulting from or arising out of your use of the Services, or any breach by you of these TOS; however, the foregoing does not apply if the third-party claim is not attributable to your intentional or negligent behavior.
12. Links to Third-party Products and Services
15. Changes to these TOS
Aztec Game Studio may update these TOS from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When Aztec Game Studio updates these TOS, Aztec Game Studio will take appropriate measures to inform you via the Services or otherwise, in accordance with the significance of the changes Aztec Game Studio makes.
By continuing to access or use the Services after updates become effective, you agree to be bound by the updated TOS.
17. Assignment, Severability and Entire Agreement
Aztec Game Studio may assign these TOS, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under these TOS or the Privacy Notice without Aztec Game Studio’s prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is void.
If any provision of these TOS is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these TOS will remain in full force and effect. Aztec Game Studio’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these TOS will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
This TOS and Privacy Notice set out the entire agreement between you and Aztec Game Studio regarding the Services and supersede all earlier agreements and understandings between you and Aztec Game Studio.
Any failure by Aztec Game Studio to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these TOS does not waive its right to enforce such right. Any waiver of such rights shall only be effective if it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Aztec Game Studio.
If you have any questions about these TOS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: June 1, 2021